Electrical Engineering is the mother of all electrical sciences. Its sound foundation is the plinth on which new branches have emerged rapidly. This is a compelling and broad field that plays an increasingly important role in making a positive contribution to the betterment of society and the human condition. We strive to be in the forefront in educating our students in fundamentals as well as emerging technologies. Our aim is to prepare students for the continually changing, high-technology world of electrical engineering, by providing solid theoretical foundation in science, mathematics, and engineering with substantial hands-on laboratory experience, and a curriculum that challenges students to act logically.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering plays an important role to meet the growing demand for electrical power engineers in the energy, automotive, and process industries where graduates will be involved in the design and development of electrical systems, such as those found in hybrid vehicles, cooling systems and aircraft actuators etc. as well as the generation, distribution, regulation and conversion of electrical power. It is therefore, important to provide necessary platform for students in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has highly qualified and experienced faculty who are actively involved in teaching and research. The faculty members have scholarly publication papers in both national and international journals and have presented papers in the National and International Conferences in India & abroad.
1. Power Quality
2. Power Converters
3. Renewable energy resources
4. High voltage engineering
5. Smart grid
The List of faculties in the department. Click here
BE, M.Tech, PhD,
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT,
Exp: 34 Yrs
B.E,M.TECH, Pursuing PhD,
B.E, M.TECH,Pursuing PhD,
1. We have 95 to 100 % results with First Class and Distinction.
2. Our students have successfully completed industrial projects in diverse fields such as Vehicle Navigation, Economic Alternator Designs, Fuel Control & Temperature of Aero Engines, etc.
3. More than 60% of the faculty of EEE@GAT are pursuing doctoral programs in focus areas.
4. The department has partnered with leading research organisations like PRDC, CPRI, KPTCL, PSTI etc..
Our fully equipped labs with modern machines, tools and instruments cater to the needs of the futuristic technology. EEE@GAT exhorts students to experiment even beyond the scope of syllabus to understand the realm of the full scope. The class rooms where theory subject knowledge is imparted are equipped with multimedia electronic support, customized teaching material with lecture scripts. Spacious and comfortably furnished class rooms provide apt learning ambience. The department has an excellent collection of books and journals to support both academics and research.
Please click the link below to find the details of the EEE department laboratory infrastructure
The department conducts all round the year, several technical events, training programs, workshops, seminars and guest lectures for the benefit of students. Further, FDP programs are conducted to enhance the teaching skills and knowledge for faculty members.
1. Yoga DAY 2020 was organised in Association with IEEE PES Student chapter. Click Here for Detailed Report
2. A guest lecture is arranged on 16th Feb 2019 between 11.00 A.M to 12.00 P.M in institute auditorium on “INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS”.
3. 5 day workshop during 17th to 21st Jan 2017 on “Embedded System Applications to Electrical & Electronics engineering in association with Indian Tech-Keys.
4. Faculty members of the department visited Neycer Aqua Pvt. Ltd on 03 Feb 2017.
5. One day workshop on “Renewable Energy Sources” on 10th September 2016. Department newsletter was pulished during the workshop.
6. Visit to Supa Power House during 7th to 9th Nov 2016 by seventh semester students.
7. Guest lectures conducted on various topics, “Quality Power for all- next level of technologies for the evolving grid” by Mr. Sethuraman Ganesan, Chair, Power and Energy Society, IEEE Bangalore chapter, “Lights and Colors” by Dr. K S Chandrashekhar, Member, ISLE, “Wide Area Measurements” by Dr. K. Uma Rao, “Prospects & Challenges of Indian Power Sector” by Mr. P Tejaswi, IIMB to name a few.
8. 5 days workshop during 26th to 30th July 2016 on “Applications of MATLAB for Electrical Sciences.
9. Visit to Somanahalli receiving station on 24th March 2016 by 6th semester studetns and Bhoruka Hydel Power plant, Sattegala by 4th semester students on 23rd March 2016.
The Department has formed many professional student club as well student forums.
1. IEEE student branch at Global Academy of Technology was approved on 26 April 2016. In the year 2017 we have 47 IEEE student members. As part of IEEE student branch, students of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department have organized various events under IEEE such as guest lecture, workshop, technical quiz and Debate.
2. ISLE Student Chapter at Global Academy of Technology was inaugurated on 4 March 2016 and has 214 students and one faculty as life time members. As part of ISLE student chapter, students of Global Academy of Technology, Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engineering have organized various events such as guest lecture, technical Quiz and debate. Our faculty and students have shown their keen interest in participating various ISLE events such as Conference and Student Congress organized outside the institute.
To be a foremost education program in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to prepare the students to face global challenges and succeed in their careers
Graduates in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will be able to:
PEO1: Engage in the design of systems and applications in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and allied Engineering Industries
PEO2: Applying the knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to solve problems of societal relevance
PEO3: Engage in life-long learning through continued education, professional practices and technical training and/or higher education and research
PEO4: Exhibit increasing levels of leadership and commitment to professional ethics and social awareness in their professional careers
At the end of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering UG degree program, our Graduates will be able to:
PSO1: Design DC machines, transformers, and dynamic AC machines for given specifications.
PSO2: Understand generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power.
PSO3: Design analog and digital electronic circuits and controller for operation and maintenance of electrical systems.