We are all enjoying exciting things that have been happening recently in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The people across the world are able to connect in no time because of fast growth in this field. This field of engineering and technology has major contribution to the society which we are enjoying and witnessing today. This importance makes Electronics and Communication Engineering branch to stay ever green on top of all other Engineering braches as well.
To contribute to the global growth, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering at Global Academy of Technology came into existence in 2001 with the approval of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Since its commencement, the primary objective of the department has been to impart quality technical education to the students. Currentlythe department has strength of 650 students guided by a team of 35 devoted and diligent staff members.
Undergraduate course of Electronics and Communication engineering covers the major fields of electronics like Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, VLSI Technology Design, Microprocessor and Micro controllers, Microwave Engineering, RADARs, Digital Communication, Satellite Communication, and Mobile Communication apart from basic engineering subjects.
The rapid developments in the field of Communication triggered the inception of PG program on Digital Electronics and Communication. The Department of ECE is recognized by VTU as a Research Centre to offer PhD/ M.Sc.(Eng.) Programs.Department provides a platform for research in emerging areas like Communications, Signal Processing, Image Processing, Microelectronics, nanotechnology and RF/Photonics through its Research Centre and deliberates the latest technologies through its research publications.
The department is proud of the quality, need-based and practical education imparted to students which aids to face the challenges of the fast changing corporate and technical world. With dedicated faculty and excellent coaching in both theory and practical aspects we groom our students in all necessary aspects of engineering. The laboratories are supervised by qualified technical support staff. Equipment in the various laboratories trains the students to expose practical knowledge and illustrate the most important concepts in Electronics and Communication Engineering. To keep in pace with the current technological advancements, in addition to the VTU UG curriculum additional tutorials, tech-talks, workshops are frequently held so that the students get a feel of what exactly is happening outside in the tech-world. The department has library facilitating the academic and research work of the staff and students. The department has good and consistent placement record with students placed in many Core and IT companies. The department is associated with professional bodies like IETE and ISTE for faculty and students to enhance their research activities. The department has MOU’s with various agencies for the student training in VLSI, Embedded system, robotic, IoT and communication fields.
I am happy to introduce you to the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Global Academy of Technology. At GAT ECE, We train and empower our students to make the world a better place with the help of engineering principles & techniques and grow to be the leaders in their careers adhering to good ethical values. Having undergone such a robust academic program under the guidance of highly qualified faculty members, I am sure that all the students passing out of the department are ready for a lifelong learning. The Department provides a blooming environment to students and faculties to carry out research in area like Signal Processing, IoT, Embedded Systems, VLSI, Nanotechnology and advanced Digital Communication. We also interact with industries and research organizations by signing MOUs. I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to all future engineers and research scholars to be associated with the research activities at Department of ECE, GAT.
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) at GAT, has consistently maintained an exemplary academic record. The greatest asset of the department is it’s highly motivated and learned faculty. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the other staff prepares the students to work in the global multicultural environment. Our Faculties use innovative teaching methods to make learning fun. Some of the best innovative methods used are being showcased here. Please click the link below for details.
In addition to training our students to fast moving world, our faculties are involved in healthy academic research.
1. Image processing
2. Information Security
3. VLSI design
5. Biomedical signal processing
6. Internet of Things
7. Wireless communication
8. Wireless Sensor Networks
9. Embedded Systems
The Department Faculty List. Click here
Professor,Head of the Dept,
Exp: 7.5 Yrs
1. The Department has MOU with RV-VLSI, Bengaluru & Tenet Technetronics.
2. ECE students Ashwin Kumar and Abhishek sriprakash won inter-collegiate climate science quiz 2016.
3. University 10th Rank in the year 2011.
4. Consistent high percentage of Distinction & First Class students.Our students have participated at NASA, USA in the Mars Rover Robotics design competition.
5. Final year student projects offered in collaboration with RV-VLSI, DCIPHER SOLUTIONS, IIT – Chennai, BSNL, etc.
6. ECE@GAT is the first to start and successfully continue an exclusive stair-case program in association with RV-VLSI center, since 2010
7. ECE students Poojitha P G, Dhakshayani T N, Namratha M, Rakshita S, Sahana J have participated in VTU Inter zone & Single Zone Hand Ball Tournament 2014 held at JNNCE Shimoga and secured 4th place.
8. ECE students Poojitha P G, Dhakshayani T N, Aisswarya DKS, Sahana J participated in VTU single zone Netball tournament 2014 held at GAT, Bangalore , won runners title and participated in VTU Bangalore South zone Throwball tournament-2015 held at KSIT, Bangalore and won the title
9. ECE students, Saddam Dafedhar, Hemanth Gowda S, Darshan R S participated in VTU bangalore south zone Kho-Kho tournament 2015 held at GAT, Bangalore and won runners title
10. Our student Midhun T P Nambir won VTU single zone Netball tournament 2015 held at KLECET,Chikkodi
11. Our students Ganasree M, Ela Doshi were runners up in VTU single zone Netball tournament 2015 held at KLECET,Chikkodi
12. ECE students Hemanth Gowda S and Darshan R S became runners in VTU Bangalore south zone Handball tournament 2015 held GAT Bangalore
13. ECE student Shakthi Das G won Gold Medal in 16th VTU singlezone Inter collegiate weight lifting, Power lifting (M&W) Best Physique-2015 held at GAT,Bangalore
14. Our students Darshan R S, Prajwal P G won State level Volleyball tournament (boys) held at RNSIT, Bengaluru
15. ECE students Vijaya Kumar HH, Vijaya Kumar BS were part of college team which won VTU Bangalore south zone Kho-Kho tournament 2016 held at GAT, Bangalore and VTU interzone Kho-Kho men tournament-2016 held at Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology
The department infrastructure is simply serene and ultra-modern in terms multi-media class rooms, well equipped laboratories, high speed internet and computational facilities along with central & departmental libraries having a rich collection of books, magazines and journals. This enables our students of ECE@GAT to enhance their knowledge through group projects, assessments and laboratories. The department has a library with a collection of about 1000 ECE books, B.E Project and seminar Reports. To Name a few Laboratories,
1. Advanced Communication
2. Analog Electronics
4. Digital Signal Processing
5. Hardware Description Langauage
6. Logic Design
6. Project Lab
In department of experienced faculty delivers traditional lectures, seminars, interesting workshops, and in addition technical talks by experts from various fields are scheduled regularly. Special summer workshops are conducted to keep students engaged during vacation time. Apart from regular curriculum students are also encouraged to participate in sports, cultural, technical and non-technical contests at college and university levels which support to groom them as an ethically and technically strong individual.
1. Fifty students of ECE Department participated in Project based learning using Arduino workshop held 26th and 27th August – 2016 by ECE Department
2. ECE department hosted a workshop on Embedded System and its applications using ARM7 on 29th and 30th August – 2016
3. Forty Four of our students participated in One Day industrial visit to “ AT&S India Pvt. Ltd”, Nanjangud, Mysuru, Karnataka
4. A 3 day workshop on “ Internet of Things (IoT)” by Mr. Vijai Simha, Founding director, Simbiot solutions Pvt. Ltd was successfully held in September 2016
5. Many career guidance and Entrepreneurship workshops were held for students benefit
The Department of Electronics and Communication strongly believes in honing student talent during their stay through student clubs. Some of the student club activities are hosting of Technical quizzes, workshops, publication of student news letters for the benefit of all students.
The Department established “The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) Students’ Forum (ISF)”. The main objectives are to organize technical programs and activities such as special lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia etc. in association with industry and R & D Labs. This forum provides a common platform for the student’s members to exchange ideas and information.
The GAT-IETE Student Forum has 575 student members and three faculty members.
Department Faculties are the Member of National Professional organization i.e., Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
To Provide Quality technical Education in Electronics and Communication Engineering with a focus on global challenges and societal needs.
The students would be able to
PEO1: Acquire technical knowledge of fundamentals of basic sciences, electronics and communication engineering and applied mathematics for the rapid changes in technology.
PEO2: Analyze, design, apply, evaluate and solve complex problems in technology and management through engineering skills.
PEO3: Demonstrate team spirit by applying ethics and professional behavior.
PEO4: Involve in research and development in the field of electronics and communication engineering and multi disciplinary areas for lifelong learning.
PSO1: Analyze, design and implement emerging electronics and communication systems using devices, subsystems and networking.
PSO2: Exhibit technical skills necessary to choose careers in the design, implement and testing, management and operation of Electronics and Communication circuits and systems.