Guest lecture “Effects of air pollution on health, vegetation/crops and materials” on 28 August 2018 10 am, Seminar Hall, GAT
Guest lecture “Effects of air pollution on health, vegetation/crops and materials”
on 28 August 2018 10 am, Seminar Hall, GAT
Speaker : Dr Dilip M Chate, Deputy Project Director, Indian Institute of tropical Meteorology, Pune
Audience : Students of V Semester, faculty- Civil Engineering Department
Organized by : Department of Science & Humanities
Brief summary of the guest lecture:
- Introduction on the current air pollution issues in India.
- Discussion on the drivers of extreme air pollution events.
- Impact of air pollution on health and crops.
- Hazardous effects of air pollutants such as
- acidification/eutrophication of lakes, land, ground water
- Direct toxic effects caused by heavy metals
- Organochloric contaminants when they accumulate in organisms.
- Mitigating air pollution and greenhouse gases without adversely impacting all round development in India.
- Further scope in this field.