Frequently Asked Questions
asdadIt is quite natural that you have lot of questions and queries and would like to seek clarification in order to make judicious decision. We have made an earnest attempt to answer all the queries and clear your apprehension through the commonly asked questions by parents and students on college admission, facility, stay at college as student, attendance, correspondance and many.
- How to apply for admission?
- Please click on the menu UG Program under Admissions Tab, for admission to B.E. program.
Please click on the menu PG programunder Admissions Tab for M.TECH and MBA program.
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- Please click on the menu UG Program under Admissions Tab for B.E. program and its eligbility critirea.
Please click on the menu PG program under Admissions Tab for M.TECH and MBA program and its eligibility criteria.
- Is GAT affiliated to any university?
- Yes, GAT is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka. Click the menu on about camous under under About Tab for affiliation information.
- Does GAT provide hostel facility?
- Yes, separate hostel facility is available for boys and girls. Click the menu hostels@GAT for more information
- What are the labs and other academic facilities in GAT like?
- All programs are supported by state-of-the-art laboratories. Please see the facilities specific to the department programs
- What about literary clubs and co-cirrucular and extra-cirrucular activities like?
- All departments support and encourage in the department student club activities, sports, co-cirrucular and extra-cirrucular activities. Please see the pages specfic to the activities for more details
- Does transport facility exist in the college ?
- Yes. College transport is available to students. Interested students can avail this facility. Please see transports page for more details. Click the menu transport@GAT for more information
- Is Internet facility given?
- Yes, high speed 80 MBPS internet facility is given to all students free of cost. Stuents can avail this facility by registering their laptops with the system administrator at the department of computer science and engineering.
- Do I need to be present for all the subjects/classes?
- You must attain at least 85% overall attendance for classes, inclusive of all approved leave of absence, failing which you will be debarred from taking the examination/assessments. If you need to apply for leave of absence, please submit to the respective HOD’s well in advance for consideration. Application for Leave of Absence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- If I miss a class, will there be a make-up session?
- There will be no make-up session(s) if you are not able to attend the class.
- How do I inform HOD of my absence due to Medical Certificate?
- You will need to submit the original medical certificate to the HOD, within 3 working days from the last day of your medical leave.
- What happens if the teaching staff fails to turn up for lectures/classes?
- ll lectures/classes are deemed to be cancelled if the teaching staff fails to turn up 30 minutes after the start of class.
- Can I Request for Deferment/Withdrawal ?
- Yes, you can do as per VTU guidelines.
- Can I request to defer the course?
- Yes, you can do as per VTU guidelines.
- I wish to withdraw from the course. What should I do?
- You must submit written application request to the principal.
- Will I be given a Student Card and what are its uses?
- All GAT students will be issued with a Student card and a lanyard. To facilitate identification, please wear the lanyard with the Student card when you are on campus. The student card entitles you to use the library, internet, sports and recreational facilities.
- What if I lose or damage my Student Card?
- You need to report it to chief librarian immediately and complete the Student card Replacement form to prevent unauthorized issue of books. A replacement fee will be charged accordingly.
- I need a letter to certify that I am a bonafide student. How can I get it?
- Please submit the request letter to administration section with any supporting documents (if any needed). A letter certifying your student status will be generated at no charge.
- I have changed my home address/contact number. How do I inform the college?
- You may submit the letter, together with the supporting document to the administration section. The information will be updated within 2 working days.
- Where do I send all correspondence to?
- Please send all correspondence to:
Principal Global Academy of Technology, Off Mysore Road, Ideal Homes Township, Rajarajeshwarinagar, Bangalore-560098
Telephone: 28603157, TeleFax: 28603158, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org