The Department of Computer Science and Engineering since its inception in 2001 has consistently fulfilled its role of producing Computer Engineers ready to satisfy the needs of the industry. The department has always attracted the best of engineering aspirants from all over the country and abroad. It has well-qualified and experienced faculty members. The department offers B.E., M.Tech., and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering discipline. The department has adequate infrastructure to support academic activities. The department is actively involved in research activities. The department organizes workshops, talks and faculty development programs regularly. The department has good placement track record.
I am happy to introduce you to the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Global Academy of Technology. At GAT CSE, we train and empower our students to make the world a better place with the help of engineering principles & techniques and grow to be the leaders in their careers adhering to good ethical values. Having undergone such a robust academic program under the guidance of highly qualified faculty members, I am sure that all the students passing out of the department are ready for a lifelong learning. The Department provides a blooming environment to students and faculties to carry out research in area like Cloud, Big Data, Data Mining and Compiler Optimization. We also interact with industries and research organizations by signing MOUs. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all future engineers and research scholars to be associated with the research activities at Department of CSE, GAT.
Technically well qualified and committed staff members make this department an exciting and unique place for students to pursue engineering in Computer Science. The department offers undergraduate program B.E(CSE) and Postgraduate program M.Tech (CSE). The department also offers M.Sc by research and Ph.D Degree in various key domains in Computer Science. The department has a recognized R & D center under VTU
1. Cloud Computing
2. Big Data and Data Analytics
3. Internet of Things(IOT)
4. Digital Image Processing
5. Datawarehousing and Datamining
6. Wireless Sensor Networks
7. Compiler Optimization
B.E, M.E, M.S, PhD.
Professor & Head of the Department
B.E., M.Tech, PhD,
Professor, PG Co-Ordinator,
Exp: 18 Yrs
B.E., M.E, MCSI,
B.Tech., M.Tech, Dip. in Management,MCSI
Exp: 14 Yrs
1. RANKS IN VTU EXAMINATIONS :
Year : 2018
Name : APARNA H D
USN : 1GA15SCS06
Rank : THIRD
Course : M.Tech in CSE
Year : 2010
Name : RASHMI V
USN : 1GA05CS031
Rank : SIXTH
Course : B.E in CSE
2. Undergraduate project titled “Virtual Assistant for Blind People”, carried out by 8th Semester students Nithin Gopal, Nidhi Amarnath, Supreetha Iyenger, Prajwal G under the guidance of Dr.Kavitha C was awarded KSCST funding under 40th Series of student project program.
3. The Department of CSE has received a grant of 2 Lakh rupees for conducting the Faculty Development Program on “Android Operating System and Application Programming Development”, in June 2015.
4. Department has organized “Computer Society of India Sate Level Student Convention”, in February 2016.
5. A batch of 30 students are certified in “VMware Vsphere 6.0”, in 2017.
6. A batch of 67 students are certified in “Microsoft Cross Platform Mobile App Development”, in October 2018.
7. Rolled out 16 batches of “INFOSYS campus connect program”.
8. A large number of placement offers, with more than 85% of eligible students placed.
9. Consistent high percentage of Distinction & First-Class students.
10. The Department has a vibrant GAT-CSI Student Chapter.
11. The Faculty members of CSE regularly take up NPTEL Certification Courses and in the academic year 2017-18, Six Faculty members have completed the NPTEL Courses, Ten faculty members have been awarded Elite Certificates in the year 2018-19. Many Students of CSE also take up NPTEL Courses.
The Department of Computer Science has excellent classrooms and well equipped laboratories. State-of-the art technical equipment in laboratories, rich collection of books in department library and extensive e-learning opportunities provide students flexible and seamless learning experience. The department not only offers scope for research and study but also provides ample opportunities for holistic development of our students.
Each and every student is given an exclusive computer system to carryout laboratory work and projects. The department has high speed internet connectivity with Wi-Fi access.
All the students of the department are members of GAT-CSI-Student Branch. Technical talks, workshops, guest lectures are conducted regularly in the department for the benefit of both students and faculty members.
The students of the Department of CSE are members of GAT-CSE-CSI-Student Branch. Technical talks, workshops, guest lectures, student convention and many other activities are conducted regularly in the Department for the benefit of the students.
IT Virtuoso – The Department Technical Club organizes Technical Talks, Programming Contest, Quiz and other Technical activities to foster competitive spirit and build Technical skills among the students. As part of the IT-club activity, “GENESYS” – A Technical Fest is organized by the students once in 2 years and students from all the Departments of Global Academy of Technology participate.
To achieve academic excellence and strengthen the skills to meet emerging challenges of computer science and engineering
Graduates in Computer Science & Engineering will be able to:
PEO1: Succeed in engineering/management positions with professional Ethics
PEO2: Engage in improving professional knowledge through Certificate/post – graduate programs in engineering or management.
PE03: Establish themselves as entrepreneurs and contribute to the society
At the end of the Computer Science and Engineering UG degree program, our Graduates will be able to:
PSO1: Design, Implement and test system software and application software to meet the desired needs.
PSO2: Develop solutions in the area of communication networks, data base Systems and computing systems.