The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, since its inception in 2001, has always attracted the best of engineering aspirants from all over the country and abroad. It is successful in producing skilled and competent Computer Engineers and Entrepreneurs ready to satisfy the needs of the industry and society at large.
Why CSE @ GAT?
The department is equipped with adequate infrastructure to support academic, research and extra-curricular activities for the all-round development of our students with 40 well-qualified, skilled and experienced faculty members. The department frequently organizes workshops, talks and faculty development programs regularly for the benefit of the student and faculty community. The department has an impressive placement track record with 85% of the students placed in reputed organizations.
Undergraduate – Bachelor of Engineering
Postgraduate – Master of Technology
Message from HOD
I am happy to introduce you to the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Global Academy of Technology. At GAT CSE, we train and empower our students to make the world a better place with the help of engineering principles & techniques and grow to be the leaders in their careers adhering to good ethical values. Having undergone such a robust academic program under the guidance of highly qualified faculty members, I am sure that all the students passing out of the department are ready for a lifelong learning.
The Department provides a blooming environment to students and faculties to carry out research in area like Cloud, Big Data, Data Mining and Compiler Optimization. We also interact with industries and research organizations by signing MOUs. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all future engineers and research scholars to be associated with the research activities at Department of CSE, GAT.
Wishing you all Good Luck
Dr. Kavitha C
Innovative Teaching Methods of the Department
PROGRAM OUTCOMES [POs]
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
“A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart”
With 40 technically well qualified, skilled and committed faculty members, the department of CSE is exciting, unique and the right place for students to pursue engineering in Computer Science. The students are provided with expert guidance by the faculty members for their academic and non – academic endeavors.
Focus Areas of Research
1. Cloud Computing
2. Big Data and Data Analytics
3. Internet of Things(IOT)
4. Wireless Sensor Networks
5. Artificial Intelligence
6. Machine Learning
B.E., M.Tech, MCSI
Exp: 16 Yrs
Mr. GURURAJ DESHPANDE
Mr. CHANDRASHEKAR PATIL
Diploma, MBA (IT)
Assistant System Administrator
Mr. SUDHEER RAO
Senior System Programmer,
Ranks in VTU Examinations
Name : Aparna D
Course: M.Tech in CSE
Name: Rashmi V
Course: B.E., in CSE
1. Undergraduate project titled “Virtual Assistant for Blind People”, carried out by 8th Semester students Nithin Gopal, Nidhi Amarnath, Supreetha Iyenger, Prajwal G under the guidance of Dr.Kavitha C was awarded KSCST funding under 40th Series of student project program.
2. The Department of CSE has received a grant of Rs. 2,00,000/- for conducting the Faculty Development Program on “Android Operating System and Application Programming Development”, in June 2015.
3. Department has organized “Computer Society of India Sate Level Student Convention”, in February 2016.
4. A batch of 30 students are certified in “VMware Vsphere 6.0”, in 2017.
5. A batch of 67 students are certified in “Microsoft Cross Platform Mobile App Development”, in October 2018.
6. Rolled out 16 batches of “INFOSYS campus connect program”.
7. A large number of placement offers, with more than 85% of eligible students placed.
8. Consistent high percentage of Distinction & First-Class students.
9. The Department has a vibrant GAT-CSI Student Chapter.
1. The Faculty members of CSE regularly take up NPTEL Certification Courses and in the academic year 2017-18, Six Faculty members have completed the NPTEL Courses, Ten faculty members have been awarded Elite Certificates in the year 2018-19. Many Students of CSE also take up NPTEL Courses.
2. The Faculty members of CSE regularly publish papers and articles in journals, conference proceedings with over 300 publications to their credit
3. The Faculty members are associated with various professional bodies like CSI,ISTE etc.
4. The Faculty members are members of various advisory committees and reviewers of various journals and conference papers
5. The Faculty members have been invited as resource persons by various institutes to deliver talks and seminars
The Department of Computer Science has excellent classrooms and well equipped laboratories. State-of-the art technical equipment in laboratories, rich collection of books in department library and extensive e-learning opportunities provide students flexible and seamless learning experience. The department not only offers scope for research and study but also provides ample opportunities for holistic development of our students.
Each and every student is given an exclusive computer system to carryout laboratory work and projects. The department has high speed internet connectivity with Wi-Fi access.
The Department of CSE is bustling with activities for students and faculty members throughout the year. The students are provided with a myriad of opportunities and platforms for enhancing their technical knowledge as well as to showcase their cultural talents. The department also encourages faculty participation in various technical events.
Events Conducted for Faculty Members
1. “IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Internet of Things ( ICGCIOT-2018)”, Technically sponsored IEEE Bangalore Section, Conducted and Hosted by Department of CSE, GAT, 16th– 18th August 2018.
2. Three Day Faculty Development Program on “System Software and Compiler Design / Operating Systems Laboratory”Workshop
3. Two Day Faculty Development Program on “ARM 7 & Keil IDE”Workshop
4. A 5-days Faculty Development Program on “Big Data Analytics” from 25th July, 2016 to 29th July, 2016
Value Added Programs for CSE Students
1. Two Day Workshop on “Mobile Application Development using React Native”on 16th November and 17th November 2018.
2. Two Day Workshop on “Virtualization & Cloud by VMware”on 15th November and 16th November 2018.
3. Two Day workshop on “Android Apps Development” Workshop on 5th October 2018 and 6th October 2018.
4. Microsoft Certification on “Cross Platform Mobile Application and Development using JAVA Script” – October 2018.
5. Two Day Workshop on “Network Designing using Cisco Packet tracer”on on 27th February to 1st March 2018.
6. Two Day Workshop on “UML Modelling and Design Patterns”on 13th and 15th May 2017 for final year students.
7. Department techno-cultural fest“Genesys” hosted on 22nd and 23rd Feb 2017.
8. Certification program on “VSpere 6.0”conducted for third year CSE students in January 2017.
9. Two Day Workshop on“Python Programing” on on 27th and 28th August 2016.
10. Two Day Workshop on “Arduino Programming & Applications of IOT”on on 27th and 28th August 2016.
11. Two Day Workshop on “Raspberry – PI & Applications of IOT”on 27th and 28th August 2016.
12. Two Day Workshop on “Network Simulator -2”on 5th and 6th April 2016.
13. One day Workshop on “Image Processing Using MATLAB”on 29th October 2015.
The students of the Department of CSE are members of GAT-CSE-CSI-Student Branch. Technical talks, workshops, guest lectures, student convention and many other activities are conducted regularly in the Department for the benefit of the students.
List of Events Conducted under GAT CSE CSI Student Branch Click here
IT VIRTUOSO Club
IT Virtuoso – The Department Technical Club organizes Technical Talks, Programming Contest, Quiz and other Technical activities to foster competitive spirit and build Technical skills among the students. As part of the IT-club activity, “GENESYS” – A Technical Fest is organized by the students once in 2 years and students from all the Departments of Global Academy of Technology participate.
Learn more about yourself, your goals, and your strengths
Improve technical skills – coding, debugging
Foster Competitive spirit
Develop soft skills like communication, and attitude
Learn how to work in a team
Meeting new students, making connections, and building relationships